Wednesday 10 October 2012

Dappling

I have dappled in the world of design for as long as I can remember. At 13 I took down all my posters of Leonardo Dicaprio and Hansen and redocorated my room with a dolphin, ocean theme! I also began sewing my first dress, an overly ambitious gathered number that I discarded after two years of non completion (my Mum did warn me, but what 13 year old doesn't know better than their Mum?). It was the Amazing Justice Boy who fostered my love of op shopping. As a teenager he found great pleasure in finding safari suits and wearing them to parties...little did he know he was inadvertantly opening pandora's box for his future wife (yes we are childood sweethearts, awwww).
Well I have since moved on from frangipani themed decor, I try to keep my sewing projects within my level of ability and I am becoming increasingly disciplined in my op shopping pursuits.
This blog will hopefully share and foster my appreciation of all things crafty, vintage and just plain cool!
I hope you enjoy this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment