Tuesday 8 January 2013

Day 2: Gordon the Donkey and Paint Chip Garland

I had so much fun making Archie yesterday that today I couldn't resist making another beautiful toy from Hop Skip Jump. I'm glad I did because I like Gordon (the donkey) even better than Archie.

He's not quite finished. I need to go on the scout for a V-neck jumper to create his clothes.

And while I had the sewing machine out I took the opportunity to whip up this garland made from paint chips. I love paint chips, and always have to stop myself grabbing chips just because the colour is so vibrant, or pretty, or serene. The colours speak of countless transformations, even if they are only ever realised in someone's imagination. So when I saw paint chip projects on pinterest I knew I had to get in on the craze somehow. So here are some freehand cut clouds, sewn into a garland as decorations for Munchkin's rainbow themed party this weekend.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment