Wednesday 16 January 2013

Peg Board and Peg Magnets


I mentioned that it was a bumper birthday month in my family. My sister-in-law had her birthday on the 13th and seeing as she is about to get a new kitchen I thought I might try my hand at making some magnets and a notice board/photo board. 

I picked the frame up for the board at the Lismore car boot markets one rainy Sunday recently. Great things about the car boot market:
  • They are on twice a month (1st and 3rd Sunday)
  • They are in an undercover car park so they aren't affected by the weather
  • There's plenty to look at from plants, bric a brac, second hand clothing and furniture and local handicrafts
I would say that the prices are very reasonable but then this would sound like an ad and not a review. But seriously if you are ever in the area...

Once the frame was done (I just cut chicken wire to size and then Justice Boy nailed it in on the back) I needed to get some wooden pegs that she could use to pin her pictures. At Hot Dollar I found a pack of 96 wooden pegs, plus a jumbo craft peg and self adhesive magnet sheets.


 I used scrapbook paper on the jumbo peg and washi tape (I knew I'd find a use for it) on the regular pegs. Cut the paper/tape to size and glue/stick in place on one side of the peg, and cut magnet sheet to size and stick to other side of the peg. Quick and easy with a big impact...gotta love that kind of craft! In an ideal world I would seal them with some modge podge but I didn't have any so they might not be as durable, I've made some for myself too so I'll see how they fare. 

I had some fun packaging them up to look pretty. I'm going with the name Ric-rac & Retro for my facebook shop...still yet to be launched...and I was having a play around with this circular tag. I like it, but I'm not sure how practical a circle is, so I was up late last night making another rectangular one.

If you are not a craftster you can still make these magnetic pegs and they make great gifts. Otherwise, I'm going to get my hands on some modge podge and make up a whole bunch for gifts and to sell...I have a stash of pretty paper that needs working through!


No comments:

Post a Comment